I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
I always thought I hated sweet potatoes, but through my elimination diet I have learned they are delicious! It was a no brainer to make chips out of them when I needed an elimination diet-friendly snack for my trip to Illinois. This recipe is quick and simple to make. If you want, you can replace the sweet potatoes with regular potatoes.
Oven Sweet Potato Chips
1 large sweet potato, washed
1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes. I use the slicing attachment on my food processor and just send the potatoes through.
- Toss with oil in a large bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet. Do not let the slices overlap. Try to only have one thickness of chip on each tray so they cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with seasonings. I used garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper. If you choose to add salt, remember that a little goes a long way.
- Bake until crispy, about 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness (even less for very thin ones).
- Store in an air tight container. Do not refrigerate – this makes them chewy.
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.