I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
I love frankincense oil.
It is one of my top 10 essential oils.
I use it every day in some form.
I never leave home without it.
It is called the King of Oils, and it deserves that title. Let’s just say that there’s a reason why the Wise Men brought frankincense to Jesus.
What is Frankincense Oil
Frankincense essential oil comes from a few different species in the Boswellia family. Frankincense oil that you purchase may be from just one of these species, or a blend of them. The oil is steam distilled from resin that the tree releases. This resin and the oils expressed from it have been used for thousands of years by Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and many other cultures for religious ceremonies, perfumes, and healing salves. Ancient wisdom and scientific research are both used in our modern understanding of this powerful oil.
The main therapeutic benefits of frankincense oil are:
- helping maintain a healthy inflammatory response
- supporting a healthy immune system
- calming, balancing, and uplifting mood
- promoting cellular health
As you can imagine, this range of benefits is what has earned frankincense the title “King of Oils.” The chemical compounds in frankincense oil are also able to cross the blood-brain barrier, which allows it to support healing in the entire body. This is a very exciting prospect!
Uses for Frankincense Oil
- Diffuse to calm and uplift moods
- Use as a base note in homemade perfume
- Apply to scars, stretch marks, moles, and skin tags to reduce their appearance
- Apply to blemishes, cuts, and scraps to promote healing
- I rub less than a drop on the roof of my mouth for headache relief
- Used daily for its cellular health promoting properties.
Products that use Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil is great to use by itself, and it is also used in combination with other essential oils in many products that my family used on a daily basis. While powerful on it’s own, frankincense can do some really great work when paired with other oils!
- Grounding Blend – I put a drop on my wrists every morning to balance me throughout the day.
- Anti-aging Blend – Use topically to reduce the appearance of scarring and fine lines. I also make a hydrating serum with this blend to promote general skin health.
- Cellular Complex – My husband uses this daily to support cellular health and his immune system.
- Tension Blend – Exactly what it sounds like – great for helping relax tense muscles
- Essential Ointment – A natural ointment that soothes, protects, and promotes healing of skin irritations
Learn more about Frankincense Oil
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.