I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Three Cup Chicken
I have linked to all of the bottled ingredients on Amazon. (These are affiliate links)
Paleo Three Cup Chicken Recipe
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- One (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 15-20 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (with the side of a knife)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken drumsticks and/or thighs; chopped into 1-2 inch pieces if desired
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- Steamed white rice or cauliflower rice, for serving
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add sesame oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic, pepper, and cloves and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and cook, turning occasionally, until it is browned and crisping at the edges, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add honey, stir to combine, and then add the rice wine, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Bring just to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced and started to thicken, approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the basil and stir to combine. Serve with white or cauli rice.
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.