I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
April was a difficult month for me. I held on to a lot of stress, unaware of it until I totally filled out about something silly. Some weekends I had to just abandon my school work and go home. I also rained a LOT the past week and a half, and I always get down when there is no sun.
As I wrote about last week, this month I have been struggling a lot with my fertility. I’ve been struggling with feeling good about my body and not constantly deprived as I try to take care of it. Hello, sugar cravings I managed to avoid when everyone else was giving up sugar for Lent.
But I have spent the last week reflecting and talking to various people and I am coming to terms with the fact that I need to do something for my mental health. I’ve been working so hard on my physical health and not taking care of my mind at all. And part of that taking care is that every day I need to think about what I am thankful for. In fact, this weekend half of my penance for confession was to think of 5 thinks I am grateful for. I <3 going to confession at that church.
What I’m Grateful For
- The amazing support from family, friends, and church members as I was confirmed into the Catholic Church. That meant more to me than I can put into words.
- Will and his love and support. He has such a big heart and is so loving and patient with me.
- The priests at the church a few towns over. Both times I have gone to confession, they have been so kind, sympathetic, and helpful in helping me move past what has happened.
- My counselor. I always feel really good after talking to her, and she recommends the best books for me.
- The health of myself and my family. We may not always feel healthy, but things could be much worse.
- On that note, I am thankful that I am not trying to get pregnant as I work through my fertility problems.
- The amazing opportunities and life that I have been given.
Blog Posts I’ve Loved
- Herbal First Aid
- Do Crystals Contain Healing Powers
- Mud Mask Magic – Love mud masks!
- Companion Planting Basics
- Eating Seasonably in the Spring
- Butter is a True Superfood
- Foods that Reduce Inflammation
- How to Make Your Own Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Fish Tacos
What have you loved this past month?
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.