I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
After a painfully slow day at work, the first thing I am greeted by in my email is my supplement application for pharmacy school. I was worried I wouldn’t get this in time to submit it before school starts, so that was exciting. And the 4th thing I saw was that one of my references has been submitted, also exciting.
The second thing was the I am now I featured publisher for the Village Green Network. I am SO excited about this, but I will post more about that on Friday after I figure everything out.
And the third thing was that I was nominated for a Liebester Award by Kim at Running on Good. Thank you so much! I am honored by this award and am excited to pass it on. So what is the Liebester Award?
The Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way to recognize new and upcoming blogs.
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am a major cat person.
- I have a goal to know 6 languages: English is my native, I know some Spanish and Latin, and I plan to learn Ancient Greek, German, and Irish Gaelic.
- The Harry Potter books are my one true love (sorry, Will!).
- I am extremely introverted and shy. I love a long, meaningful conversation, but small talk it painful.
- I like a huge variety of music, but currently I listen to a lot of Cloud Cult and Mumford and Sons.
- Concerts I’ve been to: Cloud Cult, Goo Goo Dolls, Muse, OK Go, Avril Lavigne (when I was 10), and the best concert of all: Blink-182 with Panic at the Disco and Fallout Boy opening.
- When I’m at school, I work in the library scanning old newspapers.
- My kitchen table is currently covered with textbooks, my work stuff, a snack, a book on bonsai trees, cookbooks, wedding plans, a letter from the insurance company, and the glasses I should be wearing.
- I am a 65-year-old in a 21-year-old’s body: I love cats, I hate dependence on technology, I knit and crochet, and last summer I had to get reading glasses.
- After finishing school, my life goal is to live in a small house on a few acres, homesteading and using solely renewable energy.
- My favorite green is kale.
11 Questions from Kim:
- What made you start your blog? I was looking all over the web for various healthy living resources and I wanted to combine all of it in one blog
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? Read with Will
- What is your favorite food to eat? Anything with peanut butter or pizza (but probably not together)
- What is your favorite way to stay active? Karate
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world right now, where would it be? Ireland and Scotland
- What is your favorite animal and why? Cats. They have similar personalities to me, they are independent, but love to cuddle, they don’t have to be house trained, and they don’t bark or smell bad
- What is your favorite movie? I don’t know if I can pick. I have always really like Stardust.
- What is your favorite book? Harry Potter
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Hanging out in the library Friday mornings with my two best friends in 6th grade
- If you were granted one wish, what would it be? To finally be married and living with Will
- Where do you want to be in 10 years? I want to have a Pharm.D and MBA and be working in a pharmacy in a small town, living on 5 acres with my husband, cats, and chickens
11 Bloggers I nominate: (Sorry if some of you have more followers, it’s hard to tell sometimes. Also sorry if I didn’t notify you. I was having comment and internet issues)
- Little Bliss Book
- Cats on the Homestead
- Rockin the Green Life
- A Minneapolis Homestead
- Destination: Living
- Lazy Hippie Mama
- Skin – Eczema Blog
- Food, Fitness and High Heels
- Delightful Digestion
- In the Temple
Questions for my nominations:
- Do you have any pets? What are they
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is a goal you have for your blog?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- What do you want to be doing in 5 years?
- If you had to sum up your life into 2 college majors, what would be the practical major and what would be the useless, for fun major? (example: my college majors are biology and Latin, guess which is which)
- What is the one food you can’t resist?
- What song is (or was most recently) stuck in your head?
- Why did you choose to share number 7 on your list of random facts?
Thank again, Kim, VGN, and pharmacy school for making my day so much better!
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.