I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here.
Us natural living bloggers, we like to live on the fringe and promote things that are outside of the norm. Yet even in our niche, there are certain topics that are hard to write about and can be controversial. Certain topics that can be embarrassing or difficult to write about or that people don’t like to talk about in general conversation. It’s time to break down these walls and give some love to those hard posts! So, without further ado, I give you a round up of…
Because it isn’t a good round up without some period talk.
- Emma’s First Period from Authentic Parenting
- How to Discuss Menstruation with Your Daughter (or Son) from Authentic Parenting
- Mama Cloth: Natural Care for Your Menstrual Cycle from Red and Honey
- Using a Menstrual Cup for the First Time from Oh, the Things We’ll Make
You don’t see this topic much. Let’s talk about it! Can you think of anything better for a taboo topics roundup?
- The Sexy Secret in Your Kitchen from Little Owl Crunchy Momma
- How to Have Great Sex from Nourishing Joy
- 5 Ways Paleo Improves Your Sex Life from Hollywood Homestead
- Top 5 Natural Birth Control Options from Healing Cuisine by Elise
“Down There” Health
Vaginas and butts. Can’t have a taboo topics roundup without vaginas and butts.
- Vulvar Itching and Breastfeeding from Authentic Parenting
- The Straight Scoop About Poop and the Gas We Pass from Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Let’s Talk Coffee Enemas from Real Food Whole Health
- What’s a Healthy Bowel Movement from Common Sense Home
A section both for fringe ideas and for normal things that just happen to make the national news.
- I Haven’t Washed My Hair in Three Years from Little Owl Crunchy Mama
- How to Get Started with Family Cloth from Red and Honey
The part no one wants to think about.
- The Hardest Part of Homesteading: Saying Goodbye from Blue Yurt Farms
Eating Disorders and Body Image
It’s time to acknowledge the problem.
- Breaking the Cycle from A Happy Health Nut
- The Danger of Eating Disorders in Athletes from Mindful Meals
- Manage Emotional Eating from Mindful Meals
- My Real Food Journey, Part I, Part II, Part III from Ravenous Venus
- The Love Your Body Diet from Actual Organics
Another topic that can be hard for a lot of people.
- Depression and Self Image from Authentic Parenting
- Parenting with Depression from Authentic Parenting
The not so happy and exciting side.
- Emotional Circle of Infertility from Authentic Parenting
- We Weren’t Meant to be Broken from Nourishing Time
Because what isn’t a controversial or taboo topic about parenting these days?
- Baby Envy from Authentic Parenting
- Dysfunctional from Authentic Parenting
- Don’t Give Child Abuse the Silent Treatment from Authentic Parenting
- How Does the Common Core Affect Homeschoolers from Vintage Kids Modern World
- Uninhibited Breastfeeding in Public from Red and Honey
- The Truth About Breastfeeding from Oh, the Things We’ll Make
- Our Vaccination Journey from The Provision Room
What is your favorite taboo topic?
Like what you see? Please support this blog and help me keep it running by signing up for my newsletter, purchasing products, or donating through the links below:
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. For more information, click here.